Our professional sharpeners carefully inspect each knife or tool we receive to access the best method to sharpen or repair it, often providing a variety of options to the customer regarding the approach. We specialize in hand sharpening and repairs and do all of our work freehand using natural and synthetic whetstones, rotary whetstones, buffing machines & variable speed belt sanders when necessary. Our staff have trained with knifemakers and scissors manufacturers in Japan and England and are continually trying to improve our services through training and innovation.
*We strive to provide the best service possible and return knives as quickly as we are able but cannot guarantee knives will be completed within a specific timeline. Single bevel cutlery and heavy repair work require a minimum of 72 hours before completion.
We offer a restoration service for Japanese knives: we can repair broken tips, remove chips and rust from both double and single bevel cutlery. We can also thin down old Japanese cutlery to restore cutting performance.
Price list for services:
Double bevel - £1.00 per inch
Single bevel - £2.80 per inch (Japanese knives only)
Wide bevel - £2.80 per inch
Serrated blades - £2.80 per inch
Tip repairs - From £5.00
Re-profiling/chip removal – From £10.00
Rust removal – From £10.00
Thinning- Price on inspection (Japanese Knives only)
Kitchen scissors – From £10.00
Hairdressing scissors – From £15.00
Repairs – Price on inspection
Sharpening - £7.50
Steak Knife sharpening (Not serrated)
Sharpening - £5.00 per steak knife
Sharpening – From £10.00
Repairs – From £5.00
Fixed blades/Pocket knives
Sharpening – From £8.00
Dropping knives into the store for resharpening
It’s important that knives are individually wrapped to ensure they are not damaged during transport and to ensure your safety. We will not accept dirty cutlery for sharpening.
Posting Knives for sharpening services (GB Addresses only)
1. Printout request form below and fill up form then send with your knife/knives, email us to let us know your planning on posting your knives to us, it’s important to let us know if knives require repair or restoration
2. Items should be individually wrapped and secured in a box padded out with bubble-wrap to protect them during transit
3. Post by registered post or courier and include a note with your address and delivery details
4. Once we have received your cutlery we will call and give you a final quote over the phone
5. We will send an invoice via email for the sharpening including the price of the return postage
* Please printout our sharpening service form, filled and send to us with your knife/knives requested.
We can collect knives from your premises if located within zones 1 of London provided you have a minimum of 12 knives, once re-sharpened they will be returned to your premises. This service must be pre-booked. Knives for collection must be completely clean and securely wrapped ready for pickup.
Feel free to contact us regarding our sharpening services anytime in opening hours by phone
Telephone: 020 7836 5553